Hosting an Intern
Are you a business or organization interested in learning more about hosting an intern through C-TEC Youth Services? We’re here to help! Internships are a great way to help the emerging workforce gain experience and find a career field that’s a good fit. However, they’re also a great way for businesses to vet potential future employees. It’s a low risk opportunity to see if a C-TEC participant may be a good match to meet your future employment needs. C-TEC Youth Services will:
- Have one point of contact, our C-TEC Employment and Training Specialist, that will work with you from start to finish
- Work with you to find out your specific needs and what’s important to you for a good internship match
- Provide you and the direct supervisor at your site with support to identify and structure a quality internship position
- Train and approve all C-TEC participants before referring them for a potential internship
- Provide workers compensation insurance and a stipend or wage for the intern
- Check in regularly with you and the intern to support and address any needs that arise
- Provide the intern the opportunity to earn college credits for the experience
- Assist the intern to obtain any necessary supplies, tools, clothing, etc.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please contact at (503) 980-8627 for more information. We look forward to working together!