National Career Readiness Certificate
The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) provides the opportunity to help youth graduate from high school, get a job, and earn college credit. The NCRC is a nationally recognized certificate that indicates a person’s ability in the areas of Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information. Employers and job seekers both benefit from the NCRC, as it helps qualified employees stand out from the competition. Click here for more information: National Career Readiness Certificate
- Stand out to employers
- Prove your abilities in the areas of reading, math, and locating information
- Use your reading and math scores to fulfill high school graduation requirements
- Earn college credits with qualifying scores
How do I get the NCRC?
- C-TEC Youth Services participants can obtain the NCRC with us! Check with your Career Advisor to schedule a time.
- Attend an NCRC test at Worksource Clackamas
- Take the test through Clackamas Community College
- The NCRC test is offered in high schools throughout Clackamas County. Check with your school counselor to see if your school is providing the NCRC assessment.
- See flyer for additional details: Community Youth NCRC Flyer.pdf
What do I do with my National Career Readiness Certificate?
- List your National Career Readiness Certificate on your resume as a credential
- Register your NCRC online so future employers can verify your credential
- Talk with your high school counselor about using your math and reading scores for graduation (Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels)
- Register as a student at Clackamas Community College and receive college credits for Gold and Platinum level certificates
For more information please contact Molly Aleshire by email or at (503) 594-3964.